Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Manifold Meat

This is the place to discuss all your tricks and tips of bus life. From how to pack everything you need, to the best on the road recipes.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Manifold Meat

Post by Songman »

Some of you may have heard of my dream to build an oven into my engine compartment. I had heard of truck drivers and the like cooking food with the heat of their engine when I was a kid. So when I got a bus I figured that would be pretty cool. We are always trying to figure out ways to make our power usage more efficient, plus having a meal ready when you stop is a bonus. Kinda like killing two birds with one stone.

I have talked about this with several of you and most had heard of it and/or had cool stories about it. I figured there had to be a cookbook out there somewhere with recipes that showed how to cook in miles instead of minutes. How many miles do you think you would have to drive to cook a steak in your engine compartment?

So I was bored this morning and did a little research. Gotta love the internet! There are actually a couple of good books and sites online.

Such as Manifold Destiny: A Cookbook.

Or this Australian Site.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Re: Manifold Meat

Post by Boomer »

I have had many a can of soup or chili heated on the exhaust manifold in my career. Sure was nice when pull top cans were invented.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Re: Manifold Meat

Post by Eagle Andy »

I to have enjoyed a few meals via the turbo on some of the trucks on oil leases, warming a sandwich and heating a can of soup on the defroster duct.One does what he has to do to have a warm meal lol .
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
BoxcarOkie

Re: Missed again!

Post by BoxcarOkie »

I keep giving it my best shot .......... but.

(09:54:07) ChatBot: Songman has been logged out (Timeout).
(09:54:19) ChatBot: Online Users: BoxcarOkie

Missed again.

BCO
No I didn't say that ... Must have been some other guy.
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;