Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Cabinet Storage

This is the place to discuss all your tricks and tips of bus life. From how to pack everything you need, to the best on the road recipes.
sstrucinski
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle '04

Cabinet Storage

Post by sstrucinski »

So, I've been looking at our new kitchen cabinets knowing that we'll have to store things in them differently than we do at home. I know things may shake and rattle a bit while traveling. What you guys/gals use to keep everything organized and in order? If it's not too imposing, do you mind showing me what you've done to keep a big cabinet organized and efficient?

Thanks!
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Cabinet Storage

Post by Dreamscape »

We don't have anything yet, but have heard that this place beats the quality you might find at Lowes or Home Depot. The owner I talked to said she really likes them, they stopped by in the RV Park we are staying in a truck conversion. They can't hear any rattles, so in an Eagle it would be even better! ;)

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/kitc ... erCabinets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
SunChaserCindy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by SunChaserCindy »

I don't think I have any pictures of the inside of my cabinets to show you, but that's ok... they are not really organized anyway. lol

There are a couple of things worth mentioning. I bought a spice rack organizer, which I LOVE. I like to cook, and *have to* have herbs & spices. The bus is in storage, so I can't run out and take a picture, but here's the same thing, only a larger version that I have in the house.

Also, Camping World and other RV places have rubberized mats that you can put between each dish to cut down on the rattling. Works great! However, don't buy it at those places... they have the same thing at JoAnn's by the yard. (Do you have JoAnn's in NC? ... if not, any fabric shoppe will do) Save lots of $ that way, custom cut the pieces and put it everywhere!
Cindy
1988 - 15 - SunChaser
http://www.webcove.com/eagle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sstrucinski

Post by sstrucinski »

Thanks for the link to "container store", that's the type of thing I'm looking for. I've seen what they have at Lowes and it doesn't look very sturdy at all.

Cindy,
That spice rack is pretty cool! I may get one of those if we can't fit all of our spices on the built-in spicerack on the cabinets. We DO have JoAnn's here in NC! I'll go get a few yards to use. That's a great idea and an excellent tip to save $.

Thanks for the feedback!
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
BoxcarOkie

Post by BoxcarOkie »

At least once a year we make a run down to Ft Worth to the container store, I always get a rush, and at my age, that is rare.

As for the bus? We have one steadfast hard rule .... bring something in ... You have to take something out.

See you in the fast lane

BCO
No I didn't say that ... Must have been some other guy.
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DeBar
Bus Model: 1969 05 #7857 R44
Picked up 8/7/09
Original toilet,bunk on each side over axle between partition walls
Otherwise just about empty and waiting for me
Alabama

Post by DeBar »

I don't know what the "grippy" material cost at the fabric stores, but I have also gotten small roles at dollar stores before. I bought it there because of convenience for me and you can get it in different colors. I know they rotate stock often at those places, but I have seen it at several locations and over a few years so I think it should be fairly common there. that stuff has a million uses.
1969 05
8V71
4 Speed
sstrucinski

Post by sstrucinski »

DeBar wrote:I don't know what the "grippy" material cost at the fabric stores, but I have also gotten small roles at dollar stores before. I bought it there because of convenience for me and you can get it in different colors. I know they rotate stock often at those places, but I have seen it at several locations and over a few years so I think it should be fairly common there. that stuff has a million uses.
Ah yes! I remember seeing it there too. Thanks for reminding me!
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

Stephanie,
The Bus Rules & Regs clearly states that all noise making &/or breakable items must & I repeat must be bubble wrapped to avoid the obvious catastrophies that would occur if you don't. How ya like me now? 8-)
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

We use the grippy pads in all of our cabinets, got it at Lowes or Home Depot..................I think! :lol:

It sure does make a difference, we don't hear any rattling or banging. Course now in a few years when I need hearing aids I can just turn them off and we won't hear a thing anyway! :lol: You'll just see me smiling all the time! :roll:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
DeBar
Bus Model: 1969 05 #7857 R44
Picked up 8/7/09
Original toilet,bunk on each side over axle between partition walls
Otherwise just about empty and waiting for me
Alabama

Post by DeBar »

I also noticed about 6 months ago that Lowes has started carrying a second brand of drawer organizers. They look like they are much higher quality than what they have always carried. There are a couple in the new brand that really stood out to me as looking rather classy. I don't know the brand names but it is pretty obvious the difference between there standard product and these newer ones.
1969 05
8V71
4 Speed