Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Does Anyone Use CB Radio Anymore

This is the place to discuss all your tricks and tips of bus life. From how to pack everything you need, to the best on the road recipes.
BoxcarOkie

Re: Does Anyone Use CB Radio Anymore

Post by BoxcarOkie »

Songman wrote:KYQ 5650 - How in the world did I ever remember that? It's been over 20 years ago!
KKV 5865 ..... EVEN LONGER (over 30 here)

How about "CQ-CQDX" ... Sideband, ever do any of that?

BCO
No I didn't say that ... Must have been some other guy.
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Van-

I think I have a Cobra that I'll put in with the other goodies. In the meantime, use morse code on the horn. . .I finally mounted the train horns from my truck!

See you there--hopefully it's not too muddy. Keep an eye on those gauges--we don't want your new motor to start making metal. . .

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Cool, you and Cindy are the best! :D Don't park in the Waddies :lol: but you already knew that! :lol: I only hope there is enough high ground left when we get there. :D
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by Sunchaser Art »

I'm watching the weather every day. . .it looks like it's getting better, but I'm still going to be cautious of the gully to get to the north side of the campground. I'm sure there's plenty of tow trucks to pull us out if we bury the axles!!

Go team red!
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

I hope that John( mr Breeze) has my gas tank he lugged down here, tied down real tight, hate to see it float away. Hey just a thought! maybe we could do a mud wrestling team thing with the other brand groups LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: Darn I just remembered I don't have an awning, which means ofcoarse that I will have to watch from inside the bus, Ha Ha :lol:
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Van, your gas tank will be here at my place these storage fee are getting steep LOL.
That place could be a hellua of a mess they had a flood in Sept and the Gambler had 2 ft of water and you could not even get in Rice Ranch.
They were waiting on a tractor to level the washes.
Me I am going to be real careful you know the guys didn't compact anything non compacted soil and water make for trouble 1 drop of water and I am out of there

Clifford
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Like wise Clifford, is there gonna be any room left for the eagles on the south 40, probably not huh? Oh! and wich way do you go? Havasu or down the Calif side? just curious. as was said earlier, the Ca side is nothing but crossing gullies and flash flood warning signs and boring too, what say you :roll:
silvereaglejerry15
Bus Model: [IMG]http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww339/silvereaglejerry15/DSCI1881-2.jpg[/IMG]
1988 Model 15

Post by silvereaglejerry15 »

I still use mine every trip.
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

Paul,
I didn't see anyone mention it, but we all use our CBs when in caravans. A good example was when just last month, there were 5 of us that caravaned from Laughlin, NV to Quartzsite. The CB is a lot of fun in that type of use and very practical too.
FWIW,
Bill
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Good idea Bill. Now I just have to find a few to caravan with! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/