Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Does Anyone Use CB Radio Anymore

This is the place to discuss all your tricks and tips of bus life. From how to pack everything you need, to the best on the road recipes.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: Does Anyone Use CB Radio Anymore

Post by Songman »

KYQ 5650 - How in the world did I ever remember that? It's been over 20 years ago!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Do I need to get set up for the call sign or whatever you call it? You can tell I'm not a C B'er huh! :shock:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

KGQ 8149.

Paul, the FCC (?) gave up trying to police this band decades ago. No license needed today. Just buy and use.

I recall in the 60's or early 70's you had to show your license to cross the boarder into Canada. If you did not have one they apparently "sealed" your mic. so that you could not use it.

We had a group of folks that went on a trip up to Alaska. A few of the members did not have the license. They left their radios on so they could hear the banter and verbal travelogue. When the folks did a check of the members of the group, those with the "sealed' mics would send a Morris Code by keying the mic with their "number".

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Thanks Jim, You can tell I've led a very sheltered life huh! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Dale your a rookie I just looked at mine Aug 6 1965 I had me Cade unit man was I in style back then had 11 channels and you had to by a crystal for each channel

good luck
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Man Iam glad Iam not that old :D I do remember tube type tv's lol
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I only go back as far as 23 channels. My family got CBs for home and cars back then because my step-father was part of a volunteer rescue squad.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

LoL! Clifford , Dale is not from the Allied elec era, more like the tandy co. era where every thing is plastic.Boy I miss my Fannon Courier Classic :lol: :lol: :lol: and the Turner +2U :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by Sunchaser Art »

It's been a decade or two since I drove a truck and lived with cassette tapes and a CB, but I put one in the bus anyway! There's been a bit of chatter over the miles, but nothing exciting--traffic, speed traps, the usual. As we motored along one day, we passed a big Pete large-car and the driver shouted out, "there goes Art & Cindy, living the good life" (Our names are behind the door on the curb side). We chatted for a couple of counties, then he fell back or we turned off another highway and I lost him. I'd say it was a good thing to have, but I turn the weather alert off unless I'm worried about weather (but I'll be listening in Quartzsite, especially if we're parked north of the gully). I'll keep the radio on while we're in Quartzsite, so if anyone's in need of an emergency cold one, I'll be ready!

See everyone there!

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

I won't have a cb in yet, but i'll sure as heck start yellin comin off the over pass. :lol: